Weber Medical is closed for rebranding. Madame Medical coming soon!
Please email with questions.
Dr. Lauren Weber
Cleveland Clinic trained WOMEN’S HEALTH SPECIALIST AND DIRECT PRIMARY CARE FOR WOMEN
MEMBERSHIP BASED PRACTICE
Dr. Weber is a board certified Family Physician and fellowship trained in women’s health.
Due to COVID-19 Weber Medical services are currently available by e-mail, text, phone, house-calls, & telemedicine.
My mission is to help educate and create healthier habits in women, encourage improvement in life choices and create space to take the time needed to assist you on this path.
Patient-centered care is the purpose of my practice by placing the relationship between you, the patient and me, the physician.
Through my Direct Primary Care practice, I will be able to spend the necessary time to connect with patients on a personalized and respectful level to help you meet and even surpass your health-life goals. My desire is to have you live your best and healthiest life.
Committed to making medicine more personalized placing the doctor—patient relationship back in our own hands.
No more dealing with insurance companies to see if your doctor is in network
What is Direct Primary Care? DPC
DPC is a membership-based practice, (meaning you pay regardless of use) alternative to the fee-for service, insurance-based primary care model. DPC removes the barriers the insurance companies and the government place on physicians. By eliminating these hurdles, it will free up time physicians can spend with their patients. This will place the care directly one-on-one for better patient-physician relationships. Imagine being able to text with your doctor, sign up, and this will be possible!
DPC is great for patients that have a high-deductible, desire easier access to their doctor, prefer longer and more thorough visits with their doctor, and for those that dislike waiting to be seen. I will not double book patients.
Not sure if DPC is the right fit? Prior to joining, have a free meet-and-greet either over the phone or via telemedicine to see if you think Dr. Weber and DPC are the right fit for you.
Benefits of DPC:
You get to choose your doctor!
Your medical records will not be shared with anyone except when you want them to be shared.
Longer appointments and less time waiting to be seen.
Communication with me will be easier via direct contact through text messaging, e-mail, and phone calls.
Due to not having to deal with the constraints of insurance companies, it can also potentially alleviate the need to be seen in person as some things can be taken care of without a visit.
Meet Dr. Weber
I grew up in New Jersey and received a B.S. in nutrition from Rutgers University. I completed my medical school training in 2007 at the Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
I did my initial post-graduate training in Emergency Medicine at St. Barnabas Hospital. While I ultimately changed direction in my training so that I could develop strong and long-lasting relationships with my patients, I am thankful for the added layer of knowledge my emergency training gave me. It has deepened and improved my ability to care for patients now.
I am board certified in Family Medicine, completed in 2011 at Broward General Medical Center. I am fellowship trained in Women’s Health from the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, completed in 2013. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to receive such excellent preparation in three disciplines.
I began my Women’s Health career in 2013 in the San Francisco Bay Area and worked there for 4.5 years before returning to New York City. My sole focus is providing quality primary care for women and exclusively treating female patients. I am also certified by the North American Menopause Society (NAMS).
My practice is purposely limited to a small number of patients so that I can provide the attention needed for meticulous care.
I have an affinity for healthy living and love to convey what I know to my patients to help them achieve a healthier lifestyle through nutritional and exercise guidance as an adjunct to excellent medical care. I believe it is vital to educate patients so they can make informed decisions for living their life to the fullest.
Some of my hobbies include exercise, creating nutritious and delicious food, and making homemade beauty products. I am happy to share recipes with you! It is amazing how well people feel when they eat nutritious foods.
Dr. Weber recently partnered up and started an in-home COVID-19 testing service that is available in Northern New Jersey, introducing City Swabs! Please go to CitySwabs.com for more information.
PRIMARY CARE VISITS
- Annual physical
- Back pain
- Birth Control requires at least one visit/year (can also be prescribed during annual exam)
- Diabetes management
- Employee/school physical
- Guidance on healthy food choices, utilize online food shopping session
- Lab requests/review
- Medication Refills- controlled must have an appointment. Please note this office does NOT prescribe narcotics at all and benzodiazepines (xanax, ativan, valium, etc.) are not prescribed for long term use. If you have questions about your prescription, I am happy to discuss your options with you.
- Nutrition Consultation
- Lab evaluation
- Obesity management
- Pre-operative clearance
- Rapid Flu Tests
- Rapid Strep Tests
- Sick Visits
- Smoking cessation
- Stitches/staple removal (I do not place stitches or staples)
- TB screening (via bloodwork)
- Travel Counseling
- Vaccination administration (I will order and patient will need to bring it from the pharmacy)
- Vitamin B12 injection (I will order and patient will need to bring it from the pharmacy)
WOMEN’S HEALTH VISITS
- Abnormal Pap (Colposcopy coming soon)
- Abnormal uterine bleeding evaluation
- Annual physical
- Birth control consultation
- Breast pain or issues
- Decreased sex drive
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Intrauterine device (IUD) insertion/removal (must have consultation prior to insertion of IUD. The patient is responsible for cost of IUD, which I can order through your insurance company, there is an additional charge for insertion $75). Please note: I do not place nexplanons (rod in arm device).
- Irregular or heavy periods
- Menopause evaluation and treatment
- Osteopenia/Osteoporosis evaluation and treatment
- Pelvic Pain
- Perimenopause evaluation and treatment
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Preconception Advice
- Pregnancy Test
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sexually Transmitted Disease evaluation
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary tract infections
- Vaginal dryness
- Vaginal infections